STCW.online is a formally registered tradename of Emergency Control Maritime Training BV (ECMT hereafter) in The Netherlands/EU. STCW.online and ECMT, therefore, represent the same legal entity.
ECMT means the ECMT BV entity, which is a party to this agreement, being ECMT BV, a Netherlands company, having its registered office at Brielselaan 85, 3081 AB, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, mailing address P.O. Box 59008, 3008 PA Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
“Services” means hosted internet accessible learning management solution service, under the name STCW.online, made available to you on a subscription term basis or one time purchase under the Agreement at a website address provided to you (“Portal”).
An authorized user means any customer employee, contractor, agent or any other individual authorized by customer to access and use the services, via customer’s purchased subscriptions, for the purpose specified herein. You are responsible for authorized users’ compliance with this agreement.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your account. While STCW.online prohibits such conduct and content on the service, you understand and agree that STCW.online cannot be responsible for the content posted on the service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the service at your own risk.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan/contract with us allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. STCW.online cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one account.
- You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are responsible for and can be held liable for infringements of our copyrights by account users.
- You are 16 years of age or older.
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Only when agreed to such in a separate agreement, other financial arrangements can be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
Cancellation and termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account.
- online, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the service at any time and without prior notice in case of (a) fraudulent, criminal, grossly negligent, willful, or otherwise intentional misconduct, or violation of any law or regulation, in connection with the performance of your obligations hereunder and/or (b) demonstrated usage negatively impacting the performance of the service and/or (c) breach of the herein service terms and conditions.
- Such termination of the service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account or any other similar action deemed appropriate.
Modifications to the service and prices
- Prices of all services, are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the service itself.
- online shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Content and personal data
- You hereby also acknowledge and agree that we process data related to your employees or representatives that is collected and used by us, as well as connection data created through the use and operation of the services, in order to administer or manage our delivery of services, or your account, for our business purposes, following the technical and organizational security measures. Such data may include personal data and information about the contractual commitments between us and you, whether collected at the time of the initial registration or thereafter in connection with the delivery, management or administration of services, including billing and collecting of payments. You hereby acknowledge and agree that we also process personal data that we collect, when you submit a request for support services or other troubleshooting, including information about the service, your portal and other details related to the support incident, such as authentication information, information about the condition of the services, and error-tracking files. We process such personal data in order to respond to the request and solve the problem eventually reported.
- We shall process the aforementioned personal data for our own business purposes for as long as it is necessary in relation to the purposes stated above, namely for the duration of agreement and until collection of the payments, unless processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation by mandatory statutory law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that we shall process your name and email address to communicate with you for the presentation and promotion of the services or of new services. You may at any time, free of charge, unsubscribe from such electronic communication, easily by clicking the button “unsubscribe” contained in the electronic communication.
- In case you use through our service any optional third-party service, such as YouTube, You explicitly agree to be bound by the respective Terms of Service (for YouTube). Regarding YouTube API Services in particular, our service does not share any personally identifiable information with YouTube and does not store, access or collect (or allows third parties to do so) information directly or indirectly on or from users’ devices, including by placing, accessing or recognizing cookies or similar technology on users’ devices or browsers.
Copyright and content ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.
- online does not pre-screen content, but STCW.online and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the service.
- Inappropriate content is considered the posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
a) Infringes STCW.online or third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right.
b) You don’t have the right to submit.
c) Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, hateful; encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate.
d) Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
e) Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials.
f) Is intended to be inflammatory.
g) Could otherwise cause damage to STCW.online or any third party.
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that STCW.online uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the service.
- You agree not to perform misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content (including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with STCW.online or any third party).
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the service, use of the service, or access to the service without the express written permission by STCW.online.
- You agree not to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from STCW.online.
- We retain the right to contact you from time-to-time via email. You can remove yourself easily from the newsletter lists. You can also request to be removed from all communication emails by contacting our support at [email protected] or via our contact form.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any STCW.online customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- online won’t allow:
(a) Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
(b) Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data
(c) Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data.
(d) Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services.
(e) Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.).
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not use meta-tags or any other “hidden text” including STCW.online’ s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
- You must not access or search any part of STCW.online by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces.
- online does not warrant that:
(i) the service will meet your specific requirements.
(ii) the service will be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free, and
(iii) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- You expressly understand and agree that except of circumstances of gross negligence, willful misconduct, fraud, third party IP infringement and any liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, STCW.online shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from:(i) the use or the inability to use the service;
(ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
(iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party of the service. Under no circumstances shall STCW.online’ aggregate cumulative liability hereunder, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, exceed the total amount of fees actually paid by customer during past 12 months as of the incident date giving rise to any liability.
Updated: February 2024