Designated Security Duties NL-EU
The STCW Designated Security Duties training is mandatory for all seafarers with designated security duties working on board of vessels.
The Designated Security Duties online course is in accordance with Regulation VI/6, section A-VI/6 and table A-VI/6-2 and IMO.
IMPORTANT. This course is Netherlands (EU) approved and MCA accepted. In case you require the Liberia (LISCR) approved and Panama accepted course click here.
- Introduction basic security
- Maritime security policy
- Security responsibilities
- Ship security assessment
- Ship security equipment
- Threat identification
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency preparedness
- Security administration
- Cyber security
- Assessment (Test)
- The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions
- After passing the assessment, an online ID check is mandatory (GDPR compliant)
- After passing the assessment and completing the on board exercises satisfactorily you will receive a download link for your certificate.
- After taking the online part and assessment, additional exercises on board are required. And signed by the captain (or deputy) before we can send you your signed and stamped certificate.
- Approved by the Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate (EU) – MCA (UK) accepted
- You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. An original hard-copy by mail can be ordered (not included)
How it works
1. Sign up
Go digital and save time. Simply sign up and you can start the course immediately.
2. Take the course
You will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android). You can take the course online or download the course.
The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions. Upon successful completion of the assesment you will receive your certificate.
You will receive a download link for your certificate. You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. A signed and stamped original hard-copy by mail can be ordered.
This Designated Security Duties online course is in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 and IMO.
This course is approved by the Netherlands Maritime Authorities – UK-MCA accepted.
STCW.online also offers this course in a Liberia approved version .
This course contains the following elements:
- The meaning of the different security levels
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- Maintain Ship Security Plans
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices
- Search actions
- Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns that are likely to threaten security
- Methods for inspection and monitoring of security measures on board ships
- Carry out the operation, testing and calibration of security equipment and systems
- Techniques used to avoid security measures
- This course takes approximately four hours (4) to complete.
- This also depends on your English language proficiency. Native speakers might need less time.
Our online STCW courses are all in English (except specific language courses).
This course is mandatory for any seafarer who need to perform designated security duties.
Yes, this training is fully online, and you can join anytime.
What you will learn
The meaning of the different security levels
Techniques used to avoid security measures
Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
Recognition of characteristics and behavioural patterns that are likely to threaten security