Security Awareness - NL/EU
This Security Awareness online course aims to raise awareness about the different security threats and how seafarers can maintain security on board of a ship.
STCW Security Awareness training is mandatory for all seafarers working on board of vessels who do not have designated security duties. The seafarers must hold an official certificate of STCW Security Awareness training.
The Security Awareness online course is in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 and IMO.
IMPORTANT. This course is Netherlands (EU) approved and MCA accepted. In case you require the Liberia (LISCR) approved and Panama accepted course click here
- Basic security
- Maritime security policy
- Security responsibilities
- Threat identification
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency preparedness
- Assessment (Test)
- The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions
- After passing the assessment, an online ID check is mandatory (GDPR compliant)
- After your ID has been verified a link will be mailed to download your signed and stamped certificate
- Approved by the Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate (EU) – MCA (UK) accepted
- You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. An original hard-copy by mail can be ordered (not included)
How it works
1. Sign up
Go digital and save time. Simply sign up and you can start the course immediately.
2. Take the course
You will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android). You can take the course online or download the course.
The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions. Upon successful completion of the assesment you will receive your certificate.
You will receive a download link for your certificate. You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. A signed and stamped original hard-copy by mail can be ordered.
Yes, all seafarers working on a vessel must hold a valid STCW Security Awareness certificate.
This course contains the following elements:
- The meaning of the different security levels
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices
- Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns that are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to avoid security measures
Our Online Security Awareness STCW courses, are all in English (except specific language courses).
The Security Awareness online course is mandatory for each seafarer. Anyone who works on a ship needs this course.
- The average time to complete the course is 2-3 hours.
- It also depends on your English language proficiency. Native speakers may need less time.
- The Safety Awareness certificate is in accordance with STCW A-VI/6 and IMO.
- This course is approved by the Netherlands Maritime Authorities – UK-MCA accepted.
STCW.online also offers this course in a Liberia approved version Click here.