Cyber Security for Superyacht crew
Piracy is no longer just a matter of gangs entering your yacht in the middle of the night. The threat of cyber space is building up rapidly, with the potential of posing even bigger risks, to the owners, their family and the crew. Good training can help.
This Cyber Security for Superyacht online course provides you with knowledge about common cyber attacks that the ship’s crew can face. Additionally, the course suggests best practices for the protection against cyber threats. As a result, all aboard are better protected.
This course aligns with:
The ISM Code (MSC.428 (98) Maritime Cyber Risk Management in Safety Management Systems)
MSC-FAL.1/Circ.3 Guidelines on maritime cyber risk management
ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management, 2013
BIMCO Guidelines on Cybersecurity Onboard Ships(v4)
- Cyber Security in the Maritime Cluster
- Status on Cyber Security in the Maritime Cluster
- It is a Business
- Risk Scenarios
- Best Practices
- Case Study
- Assessment (Test)
- The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions
- After passing the assessment, you will receive a download link for your signed and stamped certificate
- You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime
- An original hard-copy by mail can be ordered (not included).
How it works
1. Sign up
Go digital and save time. Simply sign up and you can start the course immediately.
2. Take the course
You will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android). You can take the course online or download the course.
The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions. Upon successful completion of the assesment you will receive your certificate.
You will receive a download link for your certificate. You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. A signed and stamped original hard-copy by mail can be ordered.
Yes, this training is fully online, and you can join anytime.
The course will help you to (learn to) better understand the risks of Cyber Security. This may be required by the employer.
This course is relevant for anyone who will be working on a yacht or superyacht.
Our online STCW courses are all in English (except specific language courses).
- The ISM Code (MSC.428 (98) Maritime Management of Cyber Risks in Security Management Systems).
- MSC-FAL.1/Circ.3 Guidelines for maritime cyber risk management.
- ISO/IEC 27001 – Information security management, 2013.
- BIMCO guidelines for cyber security on board ships(v4)
- This course has been approved by Emergency Control Maritime Training BV (dba STCW.online), a maritime training institute based in Rotterdam.
- No flag state approval is required for this course.
- The average time to complete the course is 1 hour.
- It also depends on your English language proficiency. Native speakers may need less time.
This course includes the following elements:
- In this course you will learn about Cyber Security in the maritime industry.
- What the current state of Cyber Security in the maritime industry is.
- You will learn about the world of Cyber Security and possible attacks.
- You will learn about risk situations that can occur on a Superyacht.
- Examples of how it works in practice and a final assignment to be completed with a passing grade.
What you will learn
Leverage an enhanced awareness of cyber security principles and concepts
Analyse appropriate types of controls to counteract various threats
Social engineerings such as phishing, malware, spyware, adware and ransomware
Determine software vulnerabilities and security solutions to reduce the risk of exploitation