Company Security Officer - CSO
The STCW Company Security Officer online course provides training about how to develop, implement, maintain and supervise Ship Security Plans, and how to identify threats, vulnerabilities and assessment of security risks.
This Company Security Officer online course (CSO) is in accordance with the standard of competence as outlined in the Guidelines on Training and Certification for Company Security Officers issued as Annex of IMO MSC/Circ.1154 and the IMO Model Course 3.20.
Who should attend?
– Personnel involved in maritime security matters coming from shipping companies
– Designated Person Ashore
– Company Security Officer
– Quality Manager
– Operation Manager
– Internal Auditors
After successful completion of these cso training courses, it is possible to request a hardcopy of the certificate for this cso training (not included).
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Ship Security Assessment
- Security Equipment
- Ship Security Plan
- Threat identification, recognition and response
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency preparedness, drills and exercises
- Security Administration
- Security Training
- Assessment (Test)
- The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions
- After passing the assessment, you will receive a download link for your signed and stamped certificate
- You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. An original hard-copy by mail can be ordered (not included)
How it works
1. Sign up
Go digital and save time. Simply sign up and you can start the course immediately.
2. Take the course
You will need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android). You can take the course online or download the course.
The Assessment consists of multiple-choice questions. Upon successful completion of the assesment you will receive your certificate.
You will receive a download link for your certificate. You are free to (re)print your certificate anytime. A signed and stamped original hard-copy by mail can be ordered.
Yes, this training is fully online, and you can join anytime.
- STCW.online CSO training applies the guidelines that are in line with the competence standards in the Guidelines on Training and Certification for Company Security Officers, attached as an annex to IMO MSC/Circ.1154, and the IMO Model Course 3.20.
- This course is approved by Emergency Control Maritime Training BV (dba STCW.online), a maritime training institute based in Rotterdam.
- Several of its STCW courses are approved by the Dutch (EU) maritime authorities under ID: NL45 or/and the Liberian Register (if applicable). Both countries are on the IMO “Whitelist”.
- This course does not require flag state approval.
This course contains the following elements:
- Achieve ISPS understanding
- Develop, implement, maintain, and supervise Ship Security Plans
- Identify of threats and vulnerabilities and assessment of security risks
- Be aware of methods for inspection and monitoring of security measures on board ships
- Carry out the operation, testing and calibration of security equipment and systems
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance of company staff (ship and shore)
- This course takes approximately three hours (3) to complete.
- This also depends on your English language proficiency. Native speakers might need less time.
Our online STCW courses are all in English (except specific language courses).
The company official from the ship operator who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enforcing the company security policies as set out in the Ship Security Plan.
If you are working ashore and have/will have a lot to work with the Ship Security Officer or security related matters.
What you will learn
Achieve ISPS understanding
Develop, implement, maintain and supervise Ship Security Plans
Identification of threats and vulnerabilities and assessment of security risk